Operational Policies V 06-08-22 - Last Updated June 8, 2022
- We cannot guarantee that all stains will come out 100%.
- May cause all material types to become tender, stiff, brittle and may cause some buckling and peeling.
- Shrinkage of all material types is unpredictable and may occur.
- Changes in shades or top finish may occur on all material types.
- Insect bites and scars on leather skins, which were covered over by the manufacturer, could show afterward.
- Breaks and skin lines may become more apparent.
- Unevenly matched skins are common and may appear more uneven post-cleaning.
- May cause bleeding on all material types, which in turn, causes change of color.
- May cause hardware pieces to bleed onto all material types and may stain material.
- Color from polishing/touch-up work may rub onto clothing due to excessive friction
- Any pre-existing natural or metallic embossing on your item (brand logo, monogram, initials, etc) may fade or no longer be visible after cleaning.
- We cannot guarantee that the color will match exactly to the given swatch.
- Certain imperfections in the construction of the item may become visible after the item is dyed.
- The dyed color will look different when viewed in different types of lighting.
- Pleats, bows, rhinestones and embellishments may not dye the same color as the satin.
- If the item is worn in the rain or comes in contact with water the color may come off and/or bleed onto a material.
- May cause some wrinkling, buckling and peeling.
- Slight changes in shades or top finish may occur on all material types.
- Stretching the width may or may not give you more room in the length.
- Stretching may cause some imperfections on the innersole and/or lining.
Shoe Repair / Bag Repair / Accessories / Garments
- ALL PROCEDURES ARE FINAL SALE. All work performed cannot be undone and returned back to its original state.
- Project completion time-frames are estimates and not guarantees as to when an order will be ready.
- We cannot guarantee that all services performed (repairs, cleaning, alterations, dying, stretching, etc) will meet item(s) original condition but we always do our best. We exercise utmost care in processing all items entrusted to us and use such processes which, in our opinion, are best suited to the nature and condition of each individual item.
- After one (1) month from the completion date, items not picked-up are sent to storage, for a fee of $5 per month for up to six (6) months.
- After six (6) months in storage, items are disposed of at our own discretion.
- There are NO REFUNDS on any/all repairs, cleaning, alterations, dyeing, stretching, etc. ALL PROCEDURES ARE FINAL SALE. All work performed cannot be undone and returned back to its original state.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to check their claim ticket/receipt for any discrepancies. Store must be alerted within 24 hours of ticket issue date/time for any customer requests for changes to item(s).
- Unused retail items in undamaged, original packaging can be returned for STORE CREDIT ONLY within 7 days of purchase
- Items returned to re-stretch must be within two (2) weeks from dated pick-up.
- All repairs must be prepaid in order for work to commence.
- Specialty repairs such as replicating parts, complete resoling/refurbishing, dyeing, priority service orders and alterations require full payment before we can proceed with the work - All channels.
- WE MUST RETAIN A PICTURE OF YOUR GOVERNMENT-ISSUED PHOTO ID if you do not have your original repair tag, for pick-up orders paid online, for payment with a gift card/certificate, and/or if the credit card for payment doesn’t match the account information.
- Gift Certificates are valid only until the expiration date stated on the front of the certificate.
PICK-UP (Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens)
- Pick-up/delivery service fee is $36 to $45 for repair orders.
- Pick-up/delivery service fee is non-refundable, even in the event your item is not repairable or if you choose not to proceed with the repair.
- Your pick-up item(s) must be packaged carefully and a copy of your repair estimate must be included. If you are not able to print your estimate, you can simply just include your estimate number with the item(s). If the estimate number or contact information is missing, it will cause delay with your repair.
- If the information provided on your account for your scheduled pick-up is incorrect, or items are not left for pick-up on the designated date/time, you will need to resubmit your request and follow the appropriate steps to reschedule your pick-up for the next available pick-up date/time. You will be re-charged for the pick-up/delivery service. Please double-check that all your account information is correct to mitigate rescheduling needs.
- Standard pick-up hours are 9am to 5pm Monday-Friday, but are subject to change due to unusual circumstances such as weather, traffic and/or vehicle breakdown.
- If unusual circumstances make it impossible to pick-up your order during the scheduled day, it will be picked-up on the next business day.
- Leather Spa is not liable for any loss or damage to items that are held or awaiting our pick-up.
DELIVERY (Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens)
- Delivery service fee is $18-20 for Manhattan, $20 to Brooklyn and LIC, and $20 all other addresses within the United States.
- Delivery service fee is non-refundable.
- Someone must be present at the address to accept/sign for your item(s) or items will not be delivered and will be rescheduled for the next available date; a re-delivery fee will apply. All deliveries require a signature.
- If the information provided for delivery, payment and/or ticket number(s) is incorrect we will need the correct information be resubmitted which may affect our expected delivery date. Please double check that all your information is correct.
- Please make sure to provide us with any special instruction if there are any.
- Hours of delivery are from 10am to 8pm for residential addresses and 10am to 5pm for commercial addresses but can change due to unusual circumstances such as weather, traffic and/or vehicle breakdown.
- If unusual circumstances make it impossible to deliver your order during the scheduled day, it will be re-delivered on the next business day.
- Leather Spa is not liable for any loss or damage to items once they have been signed over at your delivery address.
MAIL-IN REPAIR SERVICE (Domestic and Worldwide)
- Your mail-in item(s) must be packaged carefully and a copy of your repair estimate must be included. If you are not able to print your estimate, you can simply just include your estimate number with the item(s). If the estimate number or contact information is missing, it will cause delay with your repair.
- We highly recommend shipping by insured traceable means, such as UPS or insured mail.
- Irreparable items and/or items you choose not to repair will be mailed back at the customer’s expense.
- Leather Spa is not liable for packages damaged or lost by mailing carriers.
- The packaging and shipping of our mail-in repair orders are done by our shipping partner wynd. All our repairs are carefully checked, recorded, and packaged professionally to ensure the safe delivery of your item(s) before they are handed over to UPS.
- All our domestic shipping for repair orders is done via UPS (United Parcel Service) and all our international shipping is done via USPS (United States Postal Service) or DHL.
- We are not responsible for any duty/import/taxes/customs/etc charges you may incur for incoming and outgoing orders.
- All our retail product orders are mailed with USPS (United States Postal Service). We do not ship Leather Spa product orders internationally.
- You can choose to sign for your order upon arrival. This ensures your item(s) are safely delivered to you. This option is best for customers who prefer the security of a signed delivery. If you are unavailable when your package arrives, UPS will leave a re-delivery slip.
- Alternatively, you may prefer to waive the signature requirement and UPS will leave your shipment outside of the premises for your convenience. Please note, orders containing items of high value may require a signature, even if you did not select to sign for your order on arrival. We realize this may be inconvenient but we would like to ensure that your items arrive securely.
- Shipping charges are non-refundable.
- Once your order has left us, you will receive an email containing a tracking number to track its progress online. The tracking number will be active within 24 hours.
SHIPPING (Damage or Loss)
- Leather Spa is not liable for any items and/or retail products damaged or lost during shipping. If you received your order damaged, please contact the shipment carrier to file a claim. Please save all packaging materials and damaged goods before filing a claim.
- Leather Spa is not liable for packages damaged or lost by mailing carriers.
WARRANTIES AND LIMITS ON LIABILITY
- Limited Warranty of Services : Leather Spa warrants that services will be performed in a professional and competent manner consistent with the care and skill exercised by others when performing services of a similar nature under similar circumstances. REGARDLESS OF WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT OR TORT, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, THE LIMITED SERVICE WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN IS EXCLUSIVE AND NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE SHALL APPLY. THE LIMITED SERVICE WARRANTY IS THE SOLE LIABILITY OF LEATHER SPA WITH REGARD TO ITS SERVICES.
- Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT SHALL LEATHER SPA NOR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING REPLACEMENT COSTS, OR ANY SIMILAR DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF ANY OF THE SERVICE OR ANY PRODUCTS PROCURED USING THE SERVICE, OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM RELATED IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR ANY PRODUCT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WHETHER OR NOT DUE TO THE FAULT OR NEGLIGENCE OF LEATHER SPA OR ITS AFFILIATES, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER LEATHER SPA OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, LEATHER SPA SHALL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO CUSTOMER IN CONNECTION WITH, OR AS A RESULT OF, ANY ACTIONS, OMISSIONS, OR BREACHES OF LEATHER SPA OR ITS AFFILIATES (OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS) WITH RESPECT TO THE PROVISION OF SERVICES, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT SUCH CUSTOMER INCURS ANY LOSSES RESULTING FROM THE GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OF LEATHER SPA. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SUCH CUSTOMER’S SOLE LIABILITY, AND SUCH CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CLAIM (EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT ANY CLAIM ARISES FROM OR RELATES TO THE GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL BREACH OR MISCONDUCT OF LEATHER SPA) UNDER THIS PROVISION SHALL BE RECOVERY OF ANY FEES PAID BY SUCH CUSTOMER FOR THE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EXCEPT IN THE CASE OF GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OF LEATHER SPA, IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL, CUMULATIVE, AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF LEATHER SPA, WHETHER BASED UPON AN ACTION OR CLAIM IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY, MISREPRESENTATION, EQUITY OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY SUCH CUSTOMER TO LEATHER SPA FOR THE SERVICES PROVIDED.